1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. As oven warms, grind chiles and salt in spice grinder till diminished to advantageous powder.
3. Reduce 3 tortillas in half, then slice halves crosswise into skinny strips. On a small baking sheet coated with cooking spray, toss strips with 1 1/2 tsp. oil and three/4 tsp. of the chile salt you simply made.
4. Roast 10 minutes, or till golden. Take away from oven and put aside.
5. Utilizing tongs, maintain remaining tortilla instantly over gasoline burner flame on excessive warmth for 30 to 45 seconds, or till blackened in spots, turning a couple of times. As soon as cool sufficient to deal with, tear roughly into items.
6. Cube all however one bell pepper quarter, and put aside.
7. Utilizing tongs, maintain remaining bell pepper quarter instantly over a gasoline burner on excessive warmth. Char pores and skin facet solely, turning to blacken each spot. Cool, then cube with pores and skin left on.
8. In a big. deep skillet over medium-high warmth, warmth remaining 2 Tbs. oil in massive skillet. Add diced bell peppers, shallots, and charred tortilla items. Sauté 5 minutes. Add broth, 1/4 cup chickpeas, tomato, and 1 tsp. chile salt; carry to a boil. Cowl; cut back warmth to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes, or till bell peppers are tender.
9. Pour soup right into a blender and purée till virtually easy. Switch blended soup to medium saucepan. Maintain heat over low warmth, stirring in 1 1/2 tsp. chile salt and black pepper to style.
10. Divide remaining chickpeas instantly into 4 serving bowls. Ladle scorching soup over chickpeas. Prime with tortilla strips, avocado, and cilantro. Serve with remaining chile salt.