So, I positively labored a number of jobs inside strolling distance of considered one of these locations—which is smart seeing as they’re on each avenue nook within the nation. I most frequently ordered a breakfast sandwich once I was getting one thing to eat in my pre-vegan days. However there’s no denying the attraction of this tremendous scrumptious and decadent pumpkinspiced muffin with a cream cheese filling! What I really like about this recipe is these muffins are good for a couple of days, so you’ll be able to whip them up and have a simple and fast breakfast all week—and with no dairy and no ready in line like a chump!
Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins [Vegan]
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces (226 g) vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) floor flax plus 5 tablespoons (73 ml) water
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon (6 g) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (115 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces, or 425 g) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (112 g) vegan butter, melted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup (43 g) dry-roasted pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
Cream Cheese Filling
- Add the softened cream cheese to a medium bowl with the sugar and vanilla. Whisk, or ideally use a hand mixer, to whip the combination collectively till creamy and clean. Add the filling to a tipped piping bag or a zip-top bag.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix the flax and water in a small bowl. Put aside for five minutes to thicken.
- In a big bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. In one other bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, flax egg combination, and melted vegan butter. Gently fold the moist elements into the dry elements; cease as soon as there isn’t any extra dry flour seen.
- 4. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners, and flippantly spray them with cooking spray. Fill every muffin liner about three-quarters of the best way for regular-size muffins or fill them up all the best way for greater muffins with a much bigger muffin high.
- Gently insert the tipped piping bag or zip-top bag into the highest middle of every muffin and squeeze out 2 to three tablespoons (28 to 45 ml) of the filling into every muffin. Sprinkle on 1 tablespoon (4 g) of the roasted pumpkin seeds.
- NOTE: If utilizing uncooked pumpkin seeds, roast them in a dry skillet for 4 minutes, or till they brown a little bit and turn out to be fragrant. Bake for 15 to twenty minutes. Take a look at the doneness with a toothpick by inserting it into the middle of the muffin (by the aspect of the muffin to keep away from the cream cheese high). If it comes out clear with no runny batter, the muffins are performed!
- Take away from the oven and permit to chill, then get pleasure from with a cup of selfmade espresso.