Small however mighty, berries add satiating fiber, pure sweetness, and a lift of antioxidants to this feel-good dessert from the Mostly Plant-Based cookbook.
What you want:
For the berry filling:
2 cups frozen blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons chia seeds
For the crumble topping and base:
1½ cups rolled oats
1 cup almond flour
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
⅓ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅛ teaspoon salt
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 levels. Line an 8-inch sq. baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some paper overhanging sides.
- For the filling, in a small saucepan over medium warmth, heat berries and lemon juice, stirring and crushing berries. Prepare dinner till berries are mashed and effervescent, about 5 minutes.
- Flip off warmth and stir in maple syrup and chia seeds. Put aside, and let combination thicken.
- For the crumble topping and base, right into a meals processor, place all substances and pulse till properly mixed and crumbly, about 45 seconds.
- Into backside of ready pan, press ¾ of oat crumble and par-bake for 10 minutes, or till set.
- Over crust, pour filling and sprinkle remaining crumble on prime. Bake for one more 15 to twenty minutes, or till topping is golden brown and filling is effervescent. Let cool fully earlier than lifting from pan and slicing into bars.