This over-the-top brunch creation from the favored breakfast chain is veganized on this decadent recipe from the Vegan Fast Food cookbook. The cheesecake layer melts and creates gooey pockets of tangy sweetness in these fluffy pancakes that develop into much more indulgent with a strawberry compote topping.
What you want:
For the strawberry topping:
1 (1-pound) bag recent or frozen strawberries, roughly chopped
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
For the pancakes:
1¼ cups plain, unsweetened vegan milk
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons vegetable or refined coconut oil
Nonstick cooking spray, for cooking
1 cup diced vegan cheesecake, store-bought or selfmade
Vegan whipped cream, for topping
What you do:
- For the strawberry topping, to a medium saucepan over medium warmth, add strawberries and sugar. Convey to a simmer and cook dinner for two to three minutes, or till berries have launched about ½ cup of juice.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water, then add to strawberry combination with powdered sugar. Stir till dissolved. Take away from warmth and reserve.
- For the pancakes, in a small bowl, mix milk and vinegar and let relaxation to thicken for 10 to half-hour. To a big bowl, add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt and mix completely. Then, add vanilla and oil to exploit and vinegar combination and whisk to include. Dump moist combination into flour combination. Fold till simply mixed and no dry flour spots are seen.
- On a nonstick skillet over medium warmth, spray with cooking spray. Pour in ½ cup of pancake batter. Drop just a few items of diced frozen cheesecake onto pancake and gently press in to submerge. Add extra batter to cowl as wanted, as cheesecake will burn if it comes into direct contact with pan. After 3 minutes, verify pancake and flip as soon as golden brown. Let cook dinner one other 2 minutes after which put aside. Repeat with remaining batter.
- On a serving plate, stack pancakes, prime with strawberry topping and whipped cream, and serve.